May 20 for Lotus Sports Club “Bill Alley Memorial dragon boat regatta”
Gung Haggis Fat Choy dragon boat team is going to the
Bill Alley Memorial Race. I did know Bill, and Lotus Sports Club is
where I first learned to paddle, and I have lots of friends there.
This is a fun dragon boat regatta and
perfect to create a festival atmosphere. The Barnet Marine Park
has lots of trees, a beach, and great views of the water. We will
set up a tent along the beach or under the trees – for good viewing of
– something to eat… (there is a concession stand – but it can be
crowded. – Bring easy to digest foods such as fruits (especially
bananas), snack bars, sandwiches, etc.
Join us in our celebration of the 2006 dragon boat season at the ninth annual Bill Alley Memorial Dragon Boat Regatta. This
fun race has become a regular event for many teams. The race schedule is available now! See below for links to the race package and the race schedule.
Regatta Date: Saturday, May 20, 2006 Registration Deadline: May 1, 2006 Early Bird Deadline: April 1, 2006 Regatta Features:
• Every team will participate in a minimum of three races
• Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 overall placements and the winners of each division.
• On-site concession
• Raffle: All proceeds go towards the Bill Alley Memorial Scholarship
• Sylvester Lai: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Jane Yeoh: email@example.comClick on the following link to download the Race Package:
Boat Regatta Race Package – Revised May 15, 2006. Please note the changes on the Schedule of Events on pages 3 and 4. (You must have Adobe Acrobat to view this file.)Click on the following link to download the Race Schedule:
2006 Dragon Boat Regatta Race Schedule – Revised May 15, 2006. (You must have Adobe Acrobat to view this file.)