Please tune in to celebrate and watch the performance which will be live-streamed from the stage at the Floata Seafood Restaurant in Vancouver Chinatown.
We will start GHFC at 5:00pm PST (8:00pm Eastern time zone.), Sunday, January 30th. Please register in advance to join us us live: https://us06web.zoom.us/
This year our performers include:
- City of Vancouver Poet Laureate Fiona Tinwei Lam – will read a poem “in response to Burns“
- Author Janie Chang will read a Lunar New Year scene from her new novel “Library of Legends”
- Jill Barber singer/songwriter
- Michael Viens & Rosie Carver celtic duo, Blackthorn Blossoms duo.
- Allan McMordie bagpiper
- City Opera Vancouver performance from the brand new Chinatown opera that will premiere in September 2022 – Libretto by Madeleine Thien, music by Alice Ping Yee Ho
- Video visit to Chinatown Storytelling Centre
- filmmaker Karen Cho from Montreal.
Songs we’ll singalong to:
- Michael & Rosie will perform a traditional Robbie Burns song.
- BRAND NEW! Todd Wong’s performance of Address to a Haggis, set to a Johnny Cash tune.
- Auld Lang Syne (original lyrics by Robbie Burns – lyrics in Chinese (found somewhere on the internet)
Take-Away Dinner for 2 Menu – designed to travel well and not to spill
- 2 Corn soup with “egg clouds”
- spicy jelly fish
- 2 turnip cake appetizer
- 2 haggis dumpling appetizer
- special vegetarian lettuce wrap
- 2 slices of haggis
- 2 salt & pepper fish
- 2 Capitol pork loin
- Buddhist feast
- Long Life e-fu noodles
Price is $75 + tax. Please call Floata to pre-order by Friday 8pm. Pick-up will be approximately 3.00-4:30pm on Sunday to give you time to get home and watch our show on your computer or TV. Please call 604 602 0368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – ask for Brian.
** Sorry no special GHFC dinner orders will be taken on Saturday or Sunday – but you could order from their regular Take-Out Menu or your local neighborhood favorite Chinese or Scottish Restaurant.