Children form their eating habits from a young age, therefore, it is important to guide them in the right direction and give them an understanding of a balanced nutritional diet mixed with an active lifestyle. Check these TESTOFUEL REVIEWS.
There are many different websites and publications that can help you choose the best types of food for your child. But, there are a few things to remember:
- A healthy balanced diet is important to ensure your child grows and develops to their full potential;
- Healthy diets balanced with fun activities help strengthen their bones and muscles. It also helps brain development;
- Make meals a family occasion where you all sit down and have a chat;
- Try a variety of different food types, you would be surprised what your child likes;
- Encourage your child to become involved in food preparation, this will support an interest in food as well as providing an opportunity to spend some time with your child;
- Try and have a mix of vegetables, dairy, fruit and carbohydrates (like potatoes, pasta, etc.);
- Avoid fast food and food high in sugar and fats;
- Children should do at least 60 minutes of exercise a day and it doesn’t have to be done all at once;
- Make exercise fun and join in where you can… it will help you too.
- Do not force a particular food on a child, this will result in them never eating it and will probably make them ‘go off’ eating other food;
- Children do not need the same amount of food as adults;
- Try and limit the amount of treats given, treats should NOT be offered as a reward;
- Offer water instead of fizzy drinks.