includes Todd Wong
9 elected TLC board members + 2 non-elected candidates + Bill Turner = a vow to all work together for the best interests of TLC. David Merner, Alistair Craighead, Cheryl Bruce, Carol Pickup, Elspeth McVeigh, Briony Penn, Charley Beresford, Bill Turner (executive director), Frances Pugh, Gary Holman, Todd Wong, Ken Millard. Unavailable elected board members Barry Glickman, Magnus Bein
TLC officially announced election results at around 11am Saturday morning August 8th
- Briony Penn, Salt Spring Island; Writer/Researcher, SaveTLC
- Kenneth Millard, Galiano Island; Volunteer, SaveTLC
- Francis Pugh, Brentwood Bay; Farmer, SaveTLC
- Carol Pickup, Victoria; Retired, Community Volunteer, SaveTLC
- Elspeth McVeigh, Vancouver; Businessperson, SaveTLC
- Cheryl Bryce, Victoria; Land Management, SaveTLC
- Barry Glickman, Salt Spring Island; Professor of Biology, University of Victoria, SaveTLC
- Alastair Craighead, Victoria; Marine Engineer, DND, SaveTLC
- Magnus Bein, Surrey; Ecological Consultant, SaveTLC
- David Merner, Victoria; Lawyer and Public Servant, SaveTLC
- Todd Wong, North Vancouver; Library Clerk/Assistant with the Vancouver Public Library, SaveTLC
The entire Save TLC slate was elected including Todd Wong, also president of Historic Joy Kogawa House Society, which oversees programming for Historic Joy Kogawa House, owned by TLC
Click here for TLC Website Election Results
was an intense last 24 hours, as I took the 4pm ferry to Victoria with
longtime TLC supporter and board candidate Elspeth McVeigh. We met
other board candidates and Save TLC Committee members including Bill Turner
for an 8pm meeting.
Results had been expected to be announced to candidates at the end of voting at 5pm, but were not announced until after 9pm.
There is overwhelming a sigh of relief from the majority of TLC members, staff and volunteers, as many TLC projects and donations have been on hold since March, when TLC executive director Bill Turner was released from his duties by the TLC Board.
Today at a board meeting, which included an open forum, Bill Turner was re-affirmed as Executive Director.
Alastair Craighead is Chair
Briony Penn is Vice-Chair
Elspeth McVeigh is Treasurer
David Merner is Secretary
started the day visiting TLC property Ross Bay Villa at 10am, with
candidates Elspeth and David. It's a wonderful heritage house with a
lovely garden. We met with many of the volunteers who do restoration and gardending work. They were very appreciative that we were board candidates, and that I was with the Historic Joy Kogawa House Society.
We met at Abkhazi Gardens at 11am, for a tour and an all-candidates photo op. It's an incredible heritage garden and house created by Prince and Princess Abkhazi, shortly after they settled in Victoria in 1946.
met at St. Stephens Church and Community Centre in North Saanich for
the 12:30pm board meeting, open forum, followed by a reception. It was a wonderful reception where many TLC members were able to speak with the newly elected members of the TLC board.
Elspeth and I left at 4pm to catch the 5pm ferry home.
I received positive response, whenever I mentioned Kogawa House.